(UPDATE) FEED WILKES PROJECT -- CHRISTMAS 2014 --


Fundraiser by:  Cicily Barnett Higgins

FEEDING COMPLETE:  Article coming soon to tell you how Wilkes County did!

It's often laid on my heart to do for others.  I always think to myself what can I do to help?  I read  articles constantly about families that are burdened and I always have the intentions on doing something but then find myself being detoured in my own hectic life, soon forgetting about the ones I see daily on Facebook.  I don't do it intentionally but we all run around in today's society with our jobs, families, kids, sporting events, etc and forget about those in need.  We all do it!  Even the best of us get lost.  But we can all do better, myself included.

There are trees put up in schools and rest homes where you can pick names to help purchase toys and assist families that have less.  And wow, just supporting one family, child or person can make such a difference.  Every good deed helps!  It doesn't just help the person that's in need, it helps the person giving.  Being able or in a position to give can be such a rewarding feeling.  It's a feeling that grows and warms you from the inside.  It's a feeling that the season is intended for.  And with that being said, I and some needy families in the area need your help!

As I'm thinking about what I can do, I've decided I want to sponsor a meal for a needy family on Christmas.  I am only one person.  I asked my cousin Jason who is in charge of Wilkes and Beyond if he would be willing to help.  He gladly agreed.  Together we ask for your help.  If as many people as I know come together and give only $5.00, how many families in Wilkes could we feed on Christmas?  How many lives could we touch?  We're making it our mission to set out and ask for your help.   We've all been in situations where we've needed help.  This is a really great opportunity to pay it forward.  Fundraiser ends December 20th, 2014.  Please make any and all donations before midnight.

Private message us with the names of people you believe really need some extra help.  I'm hoping with your donations we can feed not just one family but a multitude of families on Christmas Day in Wilkes.  Please share and let us know when and where to pick up your donations.  You'll also see a link here as well as below where you can donate directly on the blog.  NINETY SIX PERCENT of donations through Paypal will go to helping needy families.  (Paypal takes 4 percent fee)  ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of cash and checks will go to needy families. You will be acknowledged if you like!  On Christmas morning we will set out to take as many families food as we can.  This could be an EPIC fail but we're excited and hope to go big.  This is only for Wilkes County.  Please like and share to as many locals as possible to get this ball rolling and lets end this year giving and being thankful.  I can't wait to write another blog with numbers and pictures showing what an abundance of willing and giving people in the community can do. With that said...get ready, get set, GO!!!

Note:  If you donate, please email Cicily Higgins so we can keep account of everyones' generosity.




Cicily Higgins

3418 Elledge Mill Rd North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
Contact Cicily Higgins via Cisanddan@gmail.com
Facebook: Cicily B. Higgins

Comments